Everything listed below was encouraging, helpful, or informative to me during the month of July. I hope it blesses you.
“Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.”– Philippians 4:8 (NIV)
1. God Is Beyond and Behind the Enormous Universe
I often marvel at the vastness of outer space. What an incredible God we have!
2. 4 Thoughts on Spiritual Fatherhood
I believe every Christian could benefit from a spiritual father, perhaps especially men. In this article, Jared C. Wilson shares four thoughts on spiritual fatherhood.
3. My Body, My Choice: The Argument of Autonomy
Some great thoughts on the inconsistencies in the argument of autonomy.
4. Pastors Still Need Seminary Degrees
5. Faithful for 5 Decades in Ministry: Honoring Sam Storms
Sam Storms is retiring after 5 decades of ministry. I have benefited from his writings and sermons over the years. I appreciate this article which honors his work in the local church.
6. Why Romans 7 is NOT Talking about Christians
An interesting discussion on Romans 7 with Denver Seminary professor, Dr. Joey Dodson. It’s worth a listen.
7. Are Some Sins Worse Than Others?
I just had a conversation about this question with a person today. John MacArthur gives his answer in this article.
From the Archives
1. 5 Things I’m Learning About God While Working at a Gas Station
Although I no longer work at a gas station, God taught me some important lessons while there, lessons I hope will bear fruit for years to come.