Blessings to you on this Monday of Holy Week. Everything listed below was encouraging, helpful, or informative to me during the month of March. I hope you enjoy.
“Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.”– Philippians 4:8 (NIV)
1. 5 Types of Sermons That Fall Short
I love thinking through ways to prepare and deliver Christ-centered sermons. Here’s a list of five types of sermons that fall short.
Speaking of sermons, here’s a different list of 50 thoughts about preaching from Jared C. Wilson.
3. Why Read If You Forget Most Everything Anyway?
“Remembering everything you read isn’t the point.” This article explains what the point is.
4. On Being the Main Character in Your Own Sermon
More thoughts on preaching.
5. Keeping Our Eyes on Today, not Tomorrow
This article is a great reminder about living in the moment.
1. UFO’s, Aliens, and Paranormal Experiences: Dr. Matthew Halsted
I’ve always been fascinated with this topic. I’m grateful for the many biblical scholars who are entering the conversation.